“My parents are coming to Asheville next week, do you know any real nice restaurants there”
Why not answer it with a BLOG post?
Asheville is a diverse food town but very similar in the source of its food. “Local Grown” in 2 shades of green is the most prolific bumper sticker in Buncombe county and most definitely printed on the menu at the recommend restaurants to follow. Locally grown and source conscious is an every day way of life in western North Carolina. Fresh food matters. Food trucks have sparked controversy because they rival the plates of brick and mortar digs, some have longgg morning waits and others mix beer with everything. This is Asheville, WELCOME.
Beer City USA
We love our beer in Asheville, you will find something that suits your taste in most restaurants around town. Over ten breweries call Asheville home with Sierra Neveda and New Belgium planting their flag in North Carolina for their east coast breweries.
- Corner Kitchen – Biltmore Village, $$, Quick, Perfect
- Early Girl – Wall St – downtown, Farm to table, $$$, long wait
- Tupelo Honey Cafe – College St., downtown, $$$, long wait, nap time
- 12 Bones – River Arts District, $$, Long wait, lunch only, m-f, ABSOLUTELY, corn pudding, collards, mmmm
- Salsa Mexican Caribbean, $$, downtown, Delicious, Fresh, filling portions
- Food trucks. $$ Coxe Ave near Asheville Brewing Company. “The Food Lot” Many food trucks using local ingredients and a variety of options daily.
- The Admiral – $$$$, Call ahead for reservations! – Absolutely! – Dive, small, one of the top restaurants in town.
- Table – $$$$, downtown, no freezers, farm to table
- Rezaz Mediterranean, $$$$, Biltmore, Delicious!
- Bouchon, $$$$, downtown, French